Stephen W. Johnson
Stephen W. Johnson was born in Bethesda, Maryland. He attended the Georgia Institute of Technology before transferring to the University of Florida to earn his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in 1975 and his Juris Doctorate in 1978. Steve Johnson is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (1981), the 5th Circuit (1979), U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit (1981), the U.S. Supreme Court (1982), and all Florida Courts.
Steve Johnson represents management in defense of employment discrimination and other employment related issues as well as commercial, construction and contractual claims, and represents both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury lawsuits. He is a member of the Lake County and Florida Bar Associations. He is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Lake County Bar Association, the Lake County Law Library and the Boys and Girls Club. Currently, Steve Johnson is on the Board of Directors of Lake 100, is the lead attorney for the Firm's representation of the Lake County School Board and is a member of the Lake County Professionalism Panel.
He also practices in the area of Education, Government Law, and Administrative Law Claims.
Areas of Practice
• Civil Rights Litigation
• Education Law
• Employment Litigation
• Insurance Defense Litigation
• Personal Injury
- CARVER MIDDLE SCHOOL GAY-STRAIGHT ALLIANCE, et al.; Plaintiffs-Appellants, Case No: 15-14183 v. SCHOOL BOARD OF LAKE COUNTY, FLORIDA; Defendant-Appellee.
- Rich v. State, 663 So2d 1321 (Florida Supreme Court 1995)
- Beverly Hius v. Wimpey, 661 So2d 969 (5th DCA FL 1995)
- Collins v. Citrus National Bank, 641 So2d 458 (5th DCA FL 1994)
- Florida Telephone Corp v. ESSIG, 468 So2d 543 (5th DCA FL 1985)